Canberra. October 11, 2017
The Australian Influenza Vaccine Committee (AIVC) congregated at the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) for the purpose of recommending influenza viruses to be used in the composition of the 2018 flu vaccine. The meeting involved review and evaluation of:
- data associated to epidemiology
- Australia and Southern Hemisphere influenza isolates recently circulating, as to its antigenic and genetic characteristics
- 2016-17 vaccines’ serological responses
- candidate vaccine viruses and reagents availability
- The expert committee recommended that ...